About the Electronic Vignette
Do you manage a fleet of vehicles or do you own several vehicles? All you have to do, is fill-in the required data for all vehicles. You can easily and clearly edit the details and pay for all electronic vignettes via card or bank transfer.
Manage your purchased vignettes
- Information about the purchased vignette
- Change of the beginning of the validity of the vignette
- License plate number change before the beginning of validity of the vignette
- Notification and contact details settings
Who Must Purchase an electronic vignette?
All vehicles with four wheels and a maximum weight of 3.5 tons have an obligation to purchase an electronic vignette. The obligation does not include towed vehicles and motorcycles, although the list of exempt vehicles will be expanded as of January 1, 2021.
Supervision and fines
The Police of the Czech Republic and Customs Administration of the Czech Republic will perform checks by scanning license plate numbers to see whether the vehicle has a valid electronic vignette or whether it is exempt.
The check is performed on the toll road using patrol cars equipped with cameras to scan the license plates, by connecting to control gates, or by checking at rest stops and parking lots.
- A driver found to be on a toll road without a valid electronic vignette (without being exempt) faces a fine of up to CZK 20,000.
- Controls also check for abuse of exemptions. If a physical or legal entity submits a notice of exemption without having the right to the exemption, the fine can reach up to CZK 100,000. If a car is eligible for exemption, but the driver did not submit the notice despite the law demanding it, the fine can reach up to CZK 5,000. The same fine can be levied on those who do not announce an end to the right to the exemption within 10 working days.
How Will the Acquired Data and Images Be Used?
Besides scanning license plates for confirmation of the validity of the electronic vignette, a photo of the vehicle will also be taken if the vehicle does not have a valid electronic vignette and it is not exempt. The software will immediately separate the image from the data and only works with the latter, which is sent to the system.
The photos are not used as part of the Electronic vignette system. They are only stored for a limited protective period where it can be requested by the Police of the Czech Republic or the Customs Administration of the Czech Republic for any further administrative proceedings. After the period ends, the photographs are automatically deleted.