About the Electronic Vignette
Official e-shop with vignettes for the Czech RepublicPlanned news 2024
Manage your purchased vignettes
- Information about the purchased vignette
- Change of the beginning of the validity of the vignette
- License plate number change
- Notification and contact details settings
Do you own multiple vehicles or manage an entire fleet? Buy vignettes for all vehicles at once with a single payment.
Who must purchase the electronic vignette?
All vehicles with four wheels and a maximum weight of 3.5 tons have an obligation to purchase an electronic vignette. The obligation does not include towed vehicles and motorcycles, although the list of exempt vehicles will be expanded as of January 1, 2021.
Supervision and fines
The Police of the Czech Republic and Customs Administration of the Czech Republic will perform checks by scanning license plate numbers to see whether the vehicle has a valid electronic vignette or whether it is exempt.
The check is performed on the toll road using patrol cars equipped with cameras to scan the license plates, by connecting to control gates, or by checking at rest stops and parking lots.
- A driver found to be on a toll road without a valid electronic vignette (without being exempt) faces a fine of up to CZK 20,000.
- Controls also check for abuse of exemptions. If a physical or legal entity submits a notice of exemption without having the right to the exemption, the fine can reach up to CZK 100,000. If a car is eligible for exemption, but the driver did not submit the notice despite the law demanding it, the fine can reach up to CZK 5,000. The same fine can be levied on those who do not announce an end to the right to the exemption within 10 working days.